At Hastings Dental, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow the College of BC Dentists guideline in addition to the usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. Also, we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant frequently.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due to the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
- Patients considered high risk for severe COVID-19 should defer their appointments. Conditions include : Age70+, pregnancy, uncontrolled diabetes, immune compromised conditions, serious respiratory disease, serious heart conditions, liver disease, chronic kidney disease or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.